Sunday, December 4, 2011

Killing Me Softly With His Song- The Singers Unlimited



Never get tired of this lush overdubbed acapella version by the Singers Unlimited.


The group was formed in 1971 and consisted of Len Dresslar (better known as the Jolly Green Giant in General Mills commercials), Bonnie Herman, Don Shelton and Gene Puerling . Wonderful use of multi-track recording made the 4 voices sound much richer. The group produced 15 albums. Although most or all of their work was in English, they wer emore known in Germany than anywhere else.


Bonnie Herman, the sole female voice on this recording.


1 comment:

  1. I love this music. I am 43 and have been attracted to this type of music since I was young and much to the dismay of my very hip mother who saw this as the antithesis to everything she embraced as a cutting-edge cool kid growing up in the 50s and 60s. More than ever, I love pretty music and this certainly does not disappoint. It is also very dated and creates a sense of nostalgia for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...